Class IV Laser Studies
Laser therapy is cutting edge, FDA approved technology for stopping pain, reducing inflammation and accelerated healing of joints, tissues and nerves. We are thrilled to be among only a handful of clinics in the entire state of Oklahoma to offer this technology to our patients.
Class IV laser technology is now the go to technology for orthopedists, neurologist, pain management doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists and podiatrists. It is used by professional and college sports teams (like the NY Yankees and Flordia Gators) to keep their players in the game by blocking pain and helping them quickly heal from injuries.
It is used by clinicians to quickly and successfully treat:
- Back pain, disc injuries and stenosis
- Nerve pain, neuropathy, diabetic neuropathy, poly- neuropathy, carpal tunnel, trigeminal neuralgia
- Arthritis, cartilage degeneration, stiff joints (neck and back, knee, shoulder and foot)
- Soft tissue injuries like tendonitis, bursitis, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tear, meniscus injury
- There are studies that have shown improvement in stroke recovery and parkinsons patients.
- Reduces scar tissue formation
What does Laser therapy do?
- Laser therapy is an FDA approved therapy that has been extensively proven through research to: (see research page for more info)
- Block Pain (analgesia)- increases endorphins (internal pain killer) and decreases bradykinin (pain increaser)
- Reduce inflammation and swelling
- Relax muscles and spasms
- Increase blood circulation locally
- Decrease arthritis pain and stiffness
- Increases tissue strength of muscles, ligaments, tendons and healing time of wounds (surgical and other)
- Break up scar tissue
- Increase cartilage cells and thickness with arthritic joints
- Increase white blood cells
- Increases lymphatic drainage
- Stimulates cellular healing and increases ATP (energy) production in mitochondria which jumpstarts cellular healing
- Reduces nerve and muscle twitching
How Many Treatments?
- The number of treatments will vary based on the severity and chronicity of the condition.
- Most patients will feel the results in 3 to 5 treatments and a majority notice improvement after the first treatment.
- Severe conditions may require as many as 12 treatments and chronic conditions (arthritis/neuropathies) get best results with maintenance treatments so that once the pain has gone it away we can keep it away.
What Conditions Are Treated?
Essentially any condition that has pain (acute or chronic), swelling, muscle tension, soft tissue damage, or need improvement in blood circulation, immune response and general healing.
Neuropathies, Arthritis, Tendonitis, Bursitis, Surgical recovery.
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Inflammation (tendonitis, arthritis, bursitis etc…)
- Neuropathies (radiculopathy, peripheral, diabetic, nerve damage, nerve demyelination)
- Disc bulges and herniations
- Arthritis/ Joint Pain (spine, jaw, shoulders, hips, knees, feet)
- Muscle spasm/tension
- Frozen shoulder
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Pre and Post surgical healing
- Edema (swelling)
- Poor circulation
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Stroke recovery
- Wound healing
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Foot/ankle pain
- Knee pain (arthritis, meniscus, chondromalacia patellae)
- Post operative recovery (decrease pain and speed up healing)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- poor circulation (Raynauds, Buergers)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Trigger Points
- Morton’s neuroma
|PATIENT VISIT HOURS|
|Tuesday||2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 6:30pm|
|Friday||2:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Saturday||8:45am - 1:00pm|
|NEW PATIENT HOURS|
|Tuesday||10:00am - 12:30pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am - 12:15pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 12:15pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 11:15am|
6130 South Maplewood Avenue Suite B
Tulsa, OK 74136